Wednesday, April 28, 2010

iPad Hands On

*Update* 4/28/10

Some of you may have seen this post and though O.o must be a glitch. I want to assure all of you there was no glitch this was my hands on post. And now for the explanation, i was at the apple store viewing the blog to see how it looked on the new iPad screen when the idea hit me to try doing a hands on review on the iPad. While this may seem like a great idea it turned in to the failure you have all seen for the past month. For some reason I was able to type in a title, but the iPad would not recognize the “Body” section on blogger to be a text field so I was not able to actually post a hand on review. For those of you who were hoping for an actually hands on review then look below.

iPad Hands On (much much later)

The iPad is a very sleek smooth device; I don’t think it would be going too far to say that it is a beautiful piece of technology. The device is very responsive just as one would expect from the makers of the iPhone and iPod Touch. That being said it does feel like a very big iPod Touch, and in some ways that is a downfall. When I was attempting to type on it I found that the on screen keyboard was either to wide or too small for my hands to type normally like one would on a touch screen computer. The apple sales person at the store suggested that I use the “two finger method” which I like to refer to as hunting and pecking for keys and is a very tedious process. I am confident that this like with most new products just requires some new conditioning to become comfortable with and that if I owned one it would become easier to type on. That being said I am still not running out to get one for the reasons I mentioned earlier in a previous post iPad, rock or flop?.

No comments:

Post a Comment